Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

2006 Pierre Chainier Vouvray

Taste: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Price: $10-$13

An unmistakable bottle as it is octagonal and yellow, with a plain label. I'm less familiar with Vouvray, which is apparently French Chenin Blanc. This is a semi-sweet wine with moderate acidity, so I suspect it would be good with food as well as for a sipping wine, which is how I had it. It was perfumey on the nose, so I was surprised to find it was refreshing and reminiscent of honeysuckle and pear. Would buy again.

1 comment:

blondie said...

This has become one of my new favorites and plan to have a bottle on hand on a regular basis. It is a smooth wine with a hint of lime and tart apple and pairs well with grilled anything and creamy cheeses. Also stands great alone. My wine calendar by Karen McNeil said, "Twenty years ago, Vouvray was one of the hippest wines you could order, and it still is if you're in the know." So give this one a try!