Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rodney Strong Alexander Valley Cabernet

Taste: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Price: $25-$30
Please note, although it may seem like I drink an awful lot of wine, some of these posts come after a wine tasting or a glass at a friend's house. They are not all full bottles that I have opened and consumed!
This is the second time I have had the great fortune of trying this wine. Although more than I would typically pay for a bottle, I still give it a high value rating because it TASTES like a much more expensive bottle. The nose reminds me of a traditional library you might find in an old mansion, so I guess I would classify it as cedar, smoke and leather. People who don't like Cabs usually don't like the heavy tannins that bowl them over on the nose, let alone the taste. This wine is fruit forward and soft on the tannins. Rodney Strong wines are generally great. This is a winery I missed the first time and would like to visit on my next trip to Sonoma.

No comments: