Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2005 OZV Zinfandel

Taste: 5/5
Value:5/5
Price: $15

This wine was featured at a wine tasting I went to a few months ago and was sold out before I got to get my bottle. The wine keeper said it's a wine they sell out of almost weekly, and I can see why. In keeping with what I've come to expect from Old Vine Zinfandel, this wine is fruit forward and jammy. This particular bottle is lush and velvety. Oddly, I found it even better after being open for a couple of days. OZV stands for Old Zin Vines (50-100 years old) and is produced at Lodi's oldest operating winery by Oak Ridge Winery, which started out decades ago as a co-operative of area winemakers.

2 comments:

VinoQueen said...

It sounds delicious. I have determined that I really like old vine Zins, so I'll have to see if I can find this one.

Unknown said...

Trust me, you will not be dissapointed! This wine is more than worthe the time, effort, and price. One taste, and I was hooked on Zin!!!