Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2008

2007 Snoqualmie Riesling

Taste: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Price: <$10 I received this as a gift from my sister-it-law and couldn't wait to open it. Obviously, since she just gave it too me yesterday (thanks, Stacie)! Rated a "top value" wine by Wine Spectator. Snoqualmie is one of the first wineries in WA to make wines from USDA-certified organically grown grapes. Overall, this winery has been labeled the value brand of the year. This wine is crisp, refreshing, and bursting with aromas of spicy pear, dried apricots, and honey that lingers on and on. I had this paired with spicy PF Chang's, and it was phenomenal right down to, and including, the fortune cookie! Also highly recommended by my sister-in-law is the Snoqualmie Naked Chardonnay - so named for not only being naked of oak, but also naked of anything non-organic.

2 comments:

VinoQueen said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I'm very happy to have found the Snoqualmie wines. I've really enjoyed them, and they are very reasonably priced!

VinoQueen said...

With help from your wonderful book (thank you again), I paired a dish of chicken w/artichokes in a dijon mustard sauce with a Sauvignon Blanc, and they were great together.