Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

2012 La Crema Pinot Noir

Taste: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Price: $20

La Crema Pinot Noir is exactly how I want my Pinot's to taste - like I've just been smacked by a Bing cherry in the kisser!  Also nicely balanced by an earthy minerality.  Reinforcing, yet again, that I prefer cool climate Pinot's (Monterey, Carneros - I must remember this!).  Notes from the winemaker: "We source our Monterey Pinot Noir from the northernmost tip of the region, where the fruit develops remarkable aromatic and textural complexity with crisp, firm structural elements. The 2012 vintage has been described by both winemakers and growers as ideal. The relatively mild conditions allowed the fruit to ripen slowly, developing the concentration and lush fruit character that can only come from extended hang time on the vine. Monterey Pinot Noir developed beautifully with this additional time to mature, while retaining its natural juicy acidity and freshness. This release offers up both savory and sweet tones, with pomegranate and blackberry taking the lead on the palate."  If I find this on sale, I would definitely buy a few bottles!

No comments: