Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2010 Riondo Pinot Grigio

Taste: 3/5
Value: 4/5
Price: $12

In a blind tasting, I would have guessed Sauvignon Blanc, hands down - and there are several Sauvignon Blancs that I like better than this Pinot Grigio. 

Tasting notes from winemaker: This Pinot Grigio possesses honeyed, lemony, ripe apple and assorted tropical fruit aromas and flavors. It’s medium bodied and beautifully concentrated, with a creamy complexity that caresses the palate with no hard edges. This superbly pure wine is delicious by itself, but it also complements perfectly an assortment of culinary dishes.

I did not get honeyed or creamy, but definitely got lemony/citrus and some serious "vibrant" acidity.  Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant wine, but not what I was expecting for a Pinot Grigio and not one I'd likely buy again.  Riondo Prosecco - now that's a different story!

No comments: