Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

2008 Concannon Conservancy Petite Sirah

Taste 3/5
Value: 4/5
Price: $10

The Concannon Conservancy Chardonnay was delightful when I had it at a wine tasting in Atlanta - not to be confused with the lower end non-Conservancy bottling, which I did when I first bought it.  The Conservancy label is reminiscent of Frank Family Chardonnay with a nice lemon curd core.  Anyway, enjoying Petite Syrah, and seeing the Conservancy label on sale for $10 I thought I'd give it a try.  Most every other blog I read on this wine really liked it, but I must say I'm partial to Bogle's style a tad more.  This had aromas of sweat socks and alcohol and was harsh on the palate and had quite an afterburn.  I will wait and publish this post tomorrow after it's had a chance to breathe.  Maybe day two will be better...

Not so much - would not buy again, sorry!

No comments: