Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

2007 Rosenblum Cellars Roussanne

Taste: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Price: lists for $24 (although I found it on sale for ~$15)

From the Rosenblum website: "The Roussanne grape produces a wine with vibrant aromatics of a tropical fruit cocktail and a floral arrangement of hibiscus and orange blossom. The grape originates in both the Northern and Southern Rhône Valley, where scant acreage of the grape is planted. This delicious Roussanne features ripe pears, essences of stone fruit and a hint of honeyed mango and papaya." A delicious wine that reminds me of a cross between Off Dry Reisling and Sauvignon Blanc. I would characterize it as big for a white, but very well-balanced with a bit of crisp acid freshening its lingering fruity finish. I would definitely buy more if I can find it for ~$15 again!

No comments: